วันอาทิตย์ที่ 24 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2559

Learning log 3 (22July 2016)

เขียนโดย Unknown ที่ 03:43


Learning log 3 (22July 2016)








       This week have Linguistics and Language teaching seminar by Budsaba Kanoksilapatham , Ph. D. Professor English Department, Faculty of Arts,Silpakorn University Nakhon Pathom,Thailand.I'm interested in this seminar very much. I attended and joined with my friend that make me know about Teaching methods/pedagogy. The important thing to learn English language is only open my  mind. English study could open doors for a better teacher. I learnt a lot of  consideration point and knownledge. Frist, I learnt about linguistic competence and know the problem in Thai Education about poorly trained teacher, de- motivating for students but every problem have the way to solve. Second, I learnt phonetics and Phonology. I know practical fact the different sound between American English and British English such as                                              (Z)  in British English pronounciation : /zɛd/     
                                         (Z) in American English  pronounciation : /ziː/ 
I know the true way to read the letter "H" ,consonant sound (think ,thank/ them , their) , and vowel sound (guess,said ,bread, friend, full,- foll / back-bag)    = short vowel    = long vowel
Third, I do intonation pretest 40 items 
Although, I have many mistake in this test I never give up I will practice my English skill every day. I always thinking that It is never too late to learn a new thing. Fourth, I learn Morphology , a set of related words (discuss - discussion - discussant) ,how to stress the word ,Collocations and formulaic expression. Then, I learnt  syntax (subjunctive vs indicative mood), Pragmatic, sociolinguitics (formal vs informal) , lexical semantics English verities such as eraser - rubber , pants - trousers, and biscuit - cracker    = AE        = BE  Next, I learnt shades of meaning , slang such as kid, gross and flunk. Finally, I learnt connotation positive and negative such as fat is negative more than overweight. I know the discourse , corpus linguistics and linguistics research skill in topic subject verb agreement. Although it is a short time to seminar but it will be in my memory forever.


  





0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

 

Computer Application in English Language Teaching © 2010 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor